Fairfield Dental Implants at Solano Dental Group
Replacing a missing tooth or teeth in the past usually meant wearing a removable prosthesis, or shaving down teeth adjacent to the gap to place a fixed dental bridge. Modern implant dentistry has evolved, however, and dental implants are now used to fill in missing tooth space without having to make modifications to other teeth. If you’re considering dental implants, Fairfield dentists Frank Chen, DDS and Judy Su, DDS would love to discuss your dental implant options.
Reasons to consider dental implants:
• Dental implants can restore a confident smile.
• To restore normal chewing, speech, and digestion.
• To replace one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth.
• Facial tissues can be restored or enhanced with dental implants placed and restored by our Fairfield, CA dental implant dentists.
• If you need to replace missing teeth or a single tooth, implants are a stable, permanent solution.
• Fairfield dental implants dentists at Solano Dental Group can use dental implants to stop teeth from shifting into missing tooth space.
• Fairfield mini dental implants can be used to support dentures, making them more secure and comfortable.
Restoring your smile with dental implants
Many tooth replacement options only replace the missing tooth, but neglect the importance of the tooth root. A prosthetic tooth without a root can restore chewing capability and look pleasing, but may lead to dental complications down the road. Without proper stimulation from the tooth root, the jawbone beneath the missing tooth space begins to deteriorate, causing the gums around the adjacent teeth to recede and become exposed to greater decay. Additionally, if the jawbone deteriorates too much, a bone graft may be needed if you wish to undergo a dental implant procedure in the future. Therefore, if you need to restore your smile with dental implants, Fairfield, CA dental implant dentists Drs. Chen and Su will tell you there is no better time than now.
How much do dental implants cost?
We understand that cost is an important factor when it comes to any dental procedure. The cost of dental implants depends on several factors including the number of teeth being replaced and the number of dental implants required to support your replacement teeth. Additionally, some procedures may be necessary before the dental implant is placed to ensure the longevity of your dental implants. If you wish to obtain an estimate specific to your case, it’s best to have our Fairfield dental implant dentists examine your situation and treatment goals.
Anatomy of a tooth implant
Aside from restoring your chewing capability and enhancing your smile, one of the greatest benefits of having a Fairfield, CA dental implant procedure performed is that it replaces both your missing tooth and the root. A tooth implant can be broken down into three basic components:
• Dental Implant Post – This part of the tooth implant resembles a tiny screw. The dental implant post is made of titanium so it can integrate with your jawbone through a process called osseointegration. During the dental implant procedure, the dental implant post is first surgically placed, and then the patient is allowed several months to heal so the implant is stable before the dental implant crown is attached.
• Abutment – After the tooth implant post has fused with the jawbone, our Fairfield dental implant dentist will attach a custom abutment to the post. The abutment is a small metal cap that connects the dental implant crown to the dental implant post.
• Tooth Restoration – The tooth restoration is the dental implant crown that attaches to the post. The restoration is usually made of porcelain and is formed to match the color and shape of your surrounding teeth. Patients that are missing multiple teeth can choose to have an implant-supported dental bridge or dentures instead of multiple dental implant crowns.
Questions? Need a Fairfield Dental Implants Appointment?
If you would like to request an appointment to discuss dental implants, Fairfield, CA dentists Drs. Chen and Su would love to cover your options. Please contact us today.